We currently have the following job vacancies;
Sales Executive / Analytical Chemist
We have a unique opportunity for a dual-role position split between our sales and quality control teams.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Liaising with clients, suppliers and technical teams on a daily basis to drive the business forward
• Maintaining lines of communication with customers to keep them updated with respect to delivery schedules
• Managing and growing an existing customer base
• Handling technical enquiries received via telephone and email
• Unpacking and sampling of chemicals
• Obtaining and reporting full analysis of finished goods using analytical methods including NMR spectroscopy, LC-MAS, GC, HPLC, manual titrations and Karl Fischer titrations
• Reporting quality issues and defects to the QC manager and customer base
• Maintenance and trouble-shooting of analytical equipment
• Creating all relevant documents such as safety data sheets (SDS), labels, specifications and certificates of analysis (CoAs)
• Graduate with a degree in Chemistry essential at BSc minimum
• A well organised, self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills
• Proficient with NMR interpretation
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workloads
• Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written
• Experience and competency with Microsoft Office software packages, i.e. Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
• A comprehensive understanding of chemical hazards and familiar with SDS documentation
• A flexible can-do attitude with a willingness to adapt, learn and support fellow colleagues when required
• Must be eligible to work in the UK
Interested applicants should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.